Search This Blog

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Stuff like this amazes me!

I am a really big football fan. Last year I was watching the Superbowl, and I always love to see the great commercials. Surprisingly my favorite ad form last years Superbowl wasn't even a  commercial it, was a Tweet by Oreo Cookies. As I'm sure most of you remember there was a 45 minute power outage during the Superbowl at the New Orleans Super dome. Oreo capitalized on this situation by quickly tweeting an advertisement saying "You can still dunk in the dark".

https://twitter.com/Oreo/status/298246571718483968/photo/1

I think that ad is extremely clever, and I think that it is amazing how they managed to design and get an advertisement out like this so quick. The ad was posted about 15 minutes before the lights came back on.  As a result, this post was re-tweeted over 10,000 times in the first hour. Many had thought that this ad was more effective than Oreo's actual Superbowl commercial which costed millions of dollars. This just goes to show you how effective social media and quick thinking can be in the advertising world. Great stuff!!

What do you guys think of this? Is it more effective than say a great TV commercial?

No comments:

Post a Comment