Search This Blog

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Used car dealership advertisements... Wow

In the morning I often like to read the Toronto Sun on the bus while on the way to school. In this paper, I always see a handful of poor ineffective ads that don't work. But by a long shot the worst ads I have seen in newspapers are advertisements for used car dealerships. I really feel like they are an assault on us. I think that the fonts and layouts are just terrible. I have posted a few really poor ones below.







 I really don't like how these companies used so many different fonts in their ads, it just makes everything look messy. I think that it is just best to use one or two fonts in an advertisement. After looking at some really brutal print used car dealership ads, I decided to check out some videos for dealerships on YouTube. I was surprised that it was even worse, the script, voice acting and production quality was just terrible. I think the only thing it can do is just annoy someone. I posted the commercial that I thought was worst below.
I don't understand why so many used car dealerships make ads like this. I realize that it may cost more money to produce something better but I definitely think it would be worth it. Looking at these ads just makes me never want to buy a car from one of these places because it looks so unprofessional.

What do you guys think of these ads?


No comments:

Post a Comment