Search This Blog

Sunday, October 27, 2013

This goes too far in advertising

I was looking for some bad ads online earlier this morning, and I came across an ad made by the Montana Meth Project. It has a guy on top of a girl who looks badly beaten, with the quote "15 bucks for sex isn't normal, but on meth it is".


I think the Montana Meth project took it way to far with this one. It is way too graphic and I think a lot of people would be turned off by this because it is showing a man having sexual intercourse with a women for money. I think it was dumb that this ad was created because in a lot of places, like Canada, with strict advertising regulations, this ad would definitely not be allowed to run, especially on a billboard. I understand how this ad could be effective for some people because it  uses scare tactics and shows what really happens when you're addicted to meth. But all in all, this ad really just doesn't "do it" for me, and I think most would agree.

Below I have posted a link with other ads in the Montana Meth project campaign, most are not as graphic.
http://montana.methproject.org/Our-Work/print.php

Do you think this ad is too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment