Search This Blog

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Leo Burnett

The other night I was researching work from some of the most famous creative directors in the advertising industry. I came across a man named Leo Burnett.




I really liked his advertising techniques. He decided to use a soft sell approach in most of his ads to help build up brand equity. Soft sell advertising is much more casual than hard sell advertising, where in hard sell it is just telling you straight out to buy the product. Soft sell I feel is much more persuasive because it outlines all the positives of the what is being sold, and can be much less irritating. One of Leo Burnett's quotes was "Make it simple. Make it memorable. Make it inviting to look at. Make it fun to read.". I think this quote is great and it is something that I want to follow when creating great ads. Leo Burnett had led some great advertising campaigns in the 1930's to 1960's for some huge companies such as Kellogs, General Motors, Allstate and Pillsbury. He also created many great characters that we still see around today such as Tony the Tiger, Jolly Green Giant and the Pillsbury Doughboy.
Below I have posted some of Leo Burnett's work for all to see, I think that all of these ads are just great!








Do you guys like Leo Burnett's approach of soft sell advertising?

No comments:

Post a Comment